Spring 2021 graduates were emailed an invitation to their ceremony. The graduate MUST RSVP to the invitation in order to obtain tickets to enter the ceremony. Ticket sharing/swapping is prohibited. Graduates are issued a maximum of two tickets, these two tickets are for two chairs grouped socially distanced from other groups of two. Tickets are required for both the graduate and their guests!
The RSVP Deadline for Baccalaureate Degree Ceremonies is Friday, April 23rd at 11:59PM. No registrations will be accepted after this date.
No 'tailgating' or congregating in areas is permitted.
All ceremonies will be 1 hour and 30 minutes in length.
Graduates please arrive 45 minutes prior to your ceremony start time.
1. Apply to graduate on the Office of the Registrar's website on or before the end of the first week of the semester you expect to complete your degree requirements. This will assure your name is included in the commencement program.
2. Arrange for your cap and gown. Please see the Cap and Gown page for information on how to order.
With any questions about academic apparel, please email email@example.com or call 517-355-5116.
3. If you are a Honor/High Honor Student: Honor Cords will either be mailed to you at your permanent mailing address, or will be available for pickup. Your specific College's Academic Advising/Student Affairs Office will notify all candidates what the their process is.
4. RSVP to the email invitation you will receive the week of March 22, 2021.
The bachelor's cap and gown package is $48.00 plus sales tax. Visit the Spartan Spirit Shop in-store or online.
Questions about cap and gown, please email or call 517-355-5116.
You may purchase other graduation-related items such as personalized announcements, invitations, and diploma frames at the .
GRAD SALE! March 22-26 from 10:00am-6:00pm at the Spartan Spirit Shop or on-line!
GRAD SALE FLYER
THE DAY OF COMMENCEMENT
1. Wear your required academic regalia (gown, cap and tassel) and face mask. Wear comfortable shoes as you will be walking on concrete.
2. Arrive to your ceremony location 45 minutes prior to the start time of your ceremony. Go to the GRADUATE ENTRANCE gate. Staff will scan your ticket QR code and direct you to the seating. Please be sure to screen shot your ticket with QR code or bring the printed ticket with you. It is also your responsibility to provide the guest tickets to your guests. No one will be permitted into ceremony seating without a valid ticket.
**The sharing and/or swapping of tickets is strictly prohibited.**
Please see the directional maps by location:
Breslin Center Parking Lot Ceremony
3. Follow all social distancing standards and enjoy your special day!
4. Be sure to exit your ceremony location as soon as possible in order for staff to clean for the next ceremony.
Mailed approximately one month after your degree has been awarded. Questions regarding your Graduation Application or Diploma, please email the Registrar’s Office at or call 517-355-3300.