All Michigan State University degree candidates who attend their commencement ceremony are recognized individually for their academic achivement. Please help us provide a memorable event for all involved.
- No tickets are required for guests.
- There are no limits on the number of guests per graduate at this time.
- Gates/Doors open one hour and 15 minutes prior to ceremony start times.
- Seating for guests is first-come, first-seated.
- No guests (including babies and children) are permitted in the candidate assembly areas or on the area floor.
- We kindly ask that everyone remain for the entire ceremony.
- Please be respectful of all candidates. All names deserved to be heard.
- Photographs are encouraged, but please remain in your seat when photographing or recording. Professional photographers will provide at least one photo of each graduate. The vendor will contact the graduates with purchasing information.
- Please review the security page for prohibited items.
MSU commencement ceremonies take place at the Jack Breslin Student Events Center, 534 Birch Road, East Lansing, MI and the Wharton Center, 750 East Shaw Lane, East Lansing, MI (spring semester only).
Please be aware that no bags or purses are permitted in the Breslin Center during commencement ceremonies.
Note for Breslin Center ceremonies: Graduates will exit through the tunnel drive at the south side of the building to meet guests outside. It is recommended to take photos in the Breslin prior to candidate assembly as reentry after exit is not permitted per Breslin Center policy.