Currently, all individuals are required to wear appropriate face coverings while on property owned or governed by MSU or while participating in MSU-related or MSU-sponsored activities. As such, all graduates and attendees will be required to wear face coverings during these ceremonies.
All Michigan State University degree candidates who attend their commencement ceremony are recognized individually for their academic achievement. Please help us provide a memorable event for all involved.
Gates open one hour and 15 minutes prior to ceremony start times.
- No tickets are required.
- Seating for guests is first-come, first-seated.
- No guests (including babies and children) are permitted in the candidate assembly area or the arena floor.
- Please remain for the entire ceremony.
- Please be respectful of all candidates. All names deserve to be heard.
- Photographs are encouraged, though please remain in your seat when photographing or recording. Professional photographers will provide at least one photo of the graduate. The vendor will contact the graduates with purchasing information.
- Please be sure to review the security announcement page for prohibited items.
Directions **Please be sure to visit this page for construction updates and lane closures.
Parking **There is no charge for parking in any lot or ramp (excluding the Kellogg Center) during commencement.